Friday, February 17, 2012

Today is my Hair-Anniversary!!!

Today is my hair-anniversary!!! What is that you might say?  That is the day i got tired of fighting between the two hair textures and did a big chop!! Its funny how looking back on that day...I didn't really know how I felt about the big chop! It really took some getting use to.  The reaction from a lot of people didn't help, some of the opinions were very negative...Don't get me wrong I really didn't care what most of them said...it was the fact that they thought they had a right to say anything.

So One year has passed and I am loving my hair.  Sometimes there are days when I am mad because it feels like it is taking so long to grow, but when I look back on when i first big chopped...I see my hair has really grown.... :-)  I still like to try new products but i have my favorite which is shea moisture. 

I see people that are where I was a year ago and I try to tell them that you really have to be ready for this journey that you will embark on when you decide to go natural.  It is truly not for everyone, well I think it can be, but they have to be open to the changes that will come with it.

My favorites are listed below:

Favorite Shampoo: AsIam
Favorite Conditioner: for detangling Kinky Curly Knot Today,  Regular: Herbal Essence Totally Twisted and Suave Coconut Conditioner
Favorite Styler:  Shea Moisture Curling Enhance Smoothie

Favorite Hair Styles: Twist out and Puff, waiting until it gets warmer so I can wash and go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment