Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Me and My girl.....reflecting on my love...

So the time is winding down....its almost time for my oldest daughter Brittani to return back to school.. This time it will be a little different, because she will be moving into her own apartment this year....up until now I could count the times that I knew she would be home...because she had to leave the dorm...but now she doesn't have too...which makes me sad...we have been through alot.....the good the bad and the ugly but we have always maintained a great relationship....the saying "we are family because we have no choice but friends because we choose too".  I am her mother but I am also her friend.  I am so proud of my lil gul...lol...  I got to let her go and spread her wings...am I ready?...no I'm not...I'm sad...I feel like im losing my baby....my first born...my ride or die chick..lol....I don't know what the future holds...but I know I have to just trust God....

You might say "You still have Reyna" and yes I do...but I think its something about the 1st born...you know the one that is your practice run...20 years ago I didn't have a clue on how to be a mother, I was trying to make it on my own with a infant child...I was worried about how we were going to eat, or is this the day the light people would come cut off the electricity...or standing on the bus stop waiting to catch the bus to work and to drop the child off at daycare,...or asking for a ride...or taking her to work with me when I didn't have a babysitter..,the sacrifices....,,Times were hard yalll don't hear me!!!  ..Im tearing up as I think back to all those times...now 20 years later here we are......we are embarking on another journey......I don''t know the end result but I do know that I am so proud of my Brittani..... :-))

Im going to end this reflection...because I am tearing up once again..my heart is so heavy...

No comments:

Post a Comment