Monday, April 25, 2011

Something New.....Let go....Let flow....



Next to Love Jones, this is one of my favorite movies.  I could relate to Sanaa Latham character "Kenya" in so many ways.  People who know me will say...I can't see that..that is because I am a total extrovert so in that prospective Kenya and I are very different...but in some ways we are a like.   Kenya's outlook on what she thought a mate should look like and be...had her all confused because her heart and her mind were not on one accord.  I don't know why your heart doesn't do what your mind tell it to do (quote from Brown Sugar)...at times I wonder the same thing...

When they said "Let go, let flow"...my single friends and I started cosigning this liberating statement......but then ...I was like nawh man!!! lol...I know it means to not be so "uptight" just go with it...Now yall know I am a Type A person...so I am not feeling this....for me it depends on the circumstance.  If we were supposed to go to the movies and we missed the show so we are doing something else...I can do that...but if its something more serious like..He has cheated on me or he lied about having a job or he forgot to pick up my Diet Coke..you know I will beat you down for that...(just kidding..lol)....but seriously...I will be letting him "flow" on to someone else...lol

I feel my heart is the only thing in this world I can control.  I can't control what others do, but I can control me!!! So yes I battle with my heart a lot because it has a mind of its own.  

Once a man is in your heart, he has to work hard to stay in...and in the year 2011 there are only a few men that will accept the challenge.....For me it comes down to Trust and Honesty....yes there are more, but those are the things that affect my heart the most....so they are non-negotiable.....

No comments:

Post a Comment