Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"But God".......


Recently I have been saying "But God" an awful lot.  I have been questioning God because I have been having issues and I have been trying to do things my way instead of the way God wants me to do them.   As I blogged about the Love Jones movie and thinking back to my discussion with my friend, I realized that at times I am a mess!! lol...I said it and I know its is true.  Does that make me a bad person?  Nope I don't think so, I think it puts me in a position to humble myself before God and say..."okay I'll do things your way"  I don't think we realize how much time we waste trying to do things the way we want to do.  Once we try to get on the same page as God we realize we are back at the starting point...but because we wanted to rush the process we missed a few steps, a few lessons we were supposed to learn on the way, people we were supposed to bless or be blessed by.....thats why we have those moments in life that feel like dejvu...

I realize I had to not focus on what I don't have, but what I do have.  Learning to accept things the way they are and not the way I want them to be has also been a struggle or challenge for me...trying not to let the past destroy my future.......but that is another blog moment...one day I will share... :-)

So as I go on my journey I am reminded that I have to be patient...that if God has something for me, its mine...and if it takes me 2 months or 2 years to get there it will still be there waiting on me......

No comments:

Post a Comment