Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Elite Eight, Narrative Expression, Lambda Tau Upsilon...all in one weekend...

This weekend was so much fun!!! Where do I begin....

Friday: Elite Eight:  A few ladies and myself call ourselves the Elite Eight.  We are Eight good friends of all ages that get together quartely to do something fun.  This weekend we had a sleepover...and I was the host... The night started out with dinner at Landrys Seafood.   Of course I forgot to study the meun (I will touch on that later) so it took me a while to make a decision. I orderd Shrimp Alfredo and it was soooo good!!!


My meal: Shrimp Pasta Alfredo...yummy..


Next we met up at the Residence Inn for the sleepover.  We started off playing a game of Scattagories...at first everyone was like..uugghhh this is like work...but when you start to read the answers off it was hilarious...next was gift time...oh yeah, I forgot everytime we do get together we have to birng a gift and its related to a theme.  We decided to exchange pajamas!!! I received some pink and purple pajamas.  Everyone was happy with their gift and we all changed into them.  I gave everyone a gift for coming...they receieved socks and a piece of jewelry.  See the pictures below...the one lonely sock in the middle of our feet is for the missing friend that didnt make it...so you know we had to represent for her....lol.  Sometimes we get to be adults and forget how to just chill out and have fun...staying up late and talking about men, kids, sex, being in love, falling out of love...of course the first person that fell asleep was me...but you know I wasn't having that toothpaste on the face deal...lol


the ladies......missing Gloria...her sock is represented on the right...its the limp blue one...lol

lol...so we put Gloria's sock in the middle so she would be seen...lol

Donita working hard on her answers...lol


Saturday: Narrative Expression:  I am apart of the bookclub Narrative Expression.  We met on Saturday night and the author of the book "Ray of Hope" Vanessa Griggs attended.  It was such a wonderful experience.  To talk to her and ask her questions about writing and how she thinks up her characters and book tours...etc.  Of course bookclub would not be complete if we didnt get our grub on...we meet every 4th Saturday of the month...anybody who lilkes to read and if you are interested please contact me...



Some bookclub members with Vanessa Griggs...

discussing the book...



Sunday: Lambda Tau Upsilon:  I am apart of the Christian Sorority: Lambda Tau Upsilon.  We had community service on Sunday working with Elderly Men and Women...it was so much fun.  We ate of course and played games with them.  The game Bingo was a big hit...of course old people are so funny to me..we repeated some of the numbers and one of the ladies was like " you called that one already, why yall keep calling the same number"  then one lady said "they can't help what number the spinner land on"  I thought it was about to be a catfight up in there...lol  Anyway I took my daughter with me and it touched my heart the way she was helping the older people play connect four.  She had so much patience...I hope when I am at that age she will do the same with me... :-)


Nicole and one of the residents

some of the members of sorority...

Nicole and Ingrid.....we girls for life...


This was one fun filled weekend and I would do it all over again if I had the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment